The Georgian government has decided to tighten and expand the restrictions throughout the country.
Based on the decision of the Interagency Coordination Council,
From November 28 to January 31, the following will be restricted throughout the country:
- Movement of persons from 21:00 to 05:00 both on foot and by transport, as well as being in public space; Exceptions will be New Year’s Eve – December 31 and Christmas Eve – January 6;
- Regular intercity transportation of passengers, including – by rail, bus, minibus. There are no restrictions on cars (including taxis);
- Restaurants and food facilities are fully switched to takeaway service. Allowed: Takeaway, Delivery, Drive;
- Gyms and swimming pools;
- Conduct all kinds of conferences, trainings, cultural, entertainment events – allowed only online.
- Activities of sports, art and cultural studios.
The following restrictions are additionally imposed in big cities – Tbilisi, Batumi, Kutaisi, Rustavi, Gori, Poti, Zugdidi, Telavi – and ski resorts – Bakuriani, Gudauri, Goderdzi and Mestia:
- The restriction on municipal transport within Tbilisi, Telavi, Batumi, Kutaisi, Rustavi, Gori, Poti, Zugdidi;
- Shopping facilities (except food, animal feed, pharmacies, veterinary pharmacies, household chemicals and hygiene shops and press booths) operate only remotely;
- The restriction on 0pen and closed markets. Only agrarian markets continue to function;
- Schools, vocational schools and higher education institutions (except medical education programs) are fully switched to remote learning;
- The restriction on private and public kindergartens.
- The operation of hotels is allowed only for arranging quarantine spaces;
- Operation of ski slopes and ski lifts is restricted.
December 24 – January 2: Restrictions are lifted:
Shopping centers, open and closed fairs will work;
The work of both municipal and intercity transport will be restored.
January 3 – January 15
Holidays are announced;
All restrictions imposed from 28 November to 24 December will be resumed;
The public or private institution will not operate, except for banks and facilities and services of strategic importance.
January 16 – January 31
January 16 – January 31
Municipal and intercity transport work, shops and open and closed markets will be restored (except weekends).
On weekends, transport, shopping malls and fairs stop working.
During this period, the restrictions do not apply to:
- All other economic activities, including:
- Public and private construction-repair activities;
- Banking and financial activities;
- Operation of food, animal feed, pharmacies, veterinary pharmacies, household chemicals and hygiene stores and press booths;
- Delivery services;
- Work in beauty salons and aesthetic medicine centers;
- Car maintenance and technical inspection services;
- Household equipment repair services;
- The operation of the agrarian market
- to travel by car (including taxi) not restricted.